Monday, February 9, 2009

Some Beers

I've fallen behind a bit here, and some of this reviewage is from memory...

Superbowl Sunday I had one of our homebrew blondes and one of the jamb-ale-ayas.

The Blonde


Even last week it was heady enough to be enjoyable. It was light, crisp, and refreshing. I could easily see going through them by the dozen.

The Jamb-Ale-Aya


Was still a bit flat as of last week. I was away this weekend and so I did not get to try them again. I shall do so tonight.

Geary's London Porter


I had a Geary's Porter this weekend in Maine. It was smoky, dark, and immensely satisfying. It was really all you can hope for in a porter. I snapped a photo of it on my cell phone and will try to remember to upload it later.

Dr. Hyde's Angry Ale


This is a custom brew made by Geary Brewing for the Jameson Tavern in Freeport, Maine. Sam ordered it and I sampled from hers. A slightly sweet pale ale, nothing spectacular, but I wouldn't object to drinking it again.

No comments: