Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spending Valentine's day with something I love... beer.



Proudly displayed as "new beer" at Gordon's today. I indulged in this 9$ single bottle of Dogfishhead's World Wide Stout. Stout indeed. It's initial taste reminds me of the Palo Santo beer that I just recently tried at our last brew session. After that it's a roller coaster of complexity. This beer has a lot of different flavors and is as much of a nasal experience as it is oral. It hits your tongue and sends a tingle to your sinus in the way sniffing or sipping a fine scotch would. On top of the impressive flavor and smoothness is it's impressive color... or should I say color density. Below you'll see a photo of the beer being back lit, and not letting any light through. A ridiculous amount of barley huh? I'm a believer.



No comments: