Friday, January 30, 2009

Magic Hat Single Chair Ale

Served from a growler, collected as interest from Kit. Interest accepted. It's a surprising beer, very light in color but with some flavor complexity that even after half a growler I still haven't nailed down. Perhaps on finishing it I'll have more of an idea.

It's a definite win, and a beer that could very easily be constantly poured and consumed in quantities that may shock you when you realize how much you've had. At least, that could happen if it were more widely available.

1 comment:

Grynch said...

I got the Single Chair at the Brewery in South Burlington VT. It's been on tap there for a few years I think, but I've never seen it in stores so I asked about it. They claim it doesn't tap or bottle well, and they won't release it into the world until they're satisfied with those results. They'd better work out the problem. They owe me for discontinuing my favorite, Fat Angel.